#2 2007-10-21 08:29:20

OK, I've crossed over into the light, or whatever. "Do you need an excuse to beat toddlers?"

That aside, anyone who's actually procreated knows they'd dearly love to smack their progeny into another universe, at least five times a day.

It's fun to think about, isn't it.

#3 2007-10-21 20:17:01

This is why I didn’t spawn.  I’m way to selfish to be bothered with rug rats and have the sense to realize any child raised by me would need therapy.  That, and from a parent’s perspective, our culture is toxic to children and makes parenting more difficult than it needs to be.

#4 2007-10-21 20:41:05

Ah, for the good old days when children were property and things were cut and dried.

#5 2007-10-21 21:13:37

pALEPHx wrote:

That aside, anyone who's actually procreated knows they'd dearly love to smack their progeny into another universe, at least five times a day.

I consoled myself with ridicule, devising devious torments and by reassuring myself that some one day, I'd grow up. Hasn't happened yet.

I did cold cock one of my step daughter's asswipe suitors after goading him into throwing the first punch. God, that felt good.

#6 2007-10-21 21:21:28

So far, my son appears to be the gentleman I only aspired toooooo.... Parents love him, the girls love him.  Where-as the parents hated me on first sight, and for good reason.  I would of shot me, if I showed up at the door for my daughter.  You catch the drift.

#7 2007-10-21 21:25:42

pALEPHx wrote:

OK, I've crossed over into the light, or whatever. "Do you need an excuse to beat toddlers?"

HELL no.

But then again, my kiddies are being raised by Pippi Longstocking.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5476/pippily8.jpg

Child abuse is too much of a buzzkill to even contemplate. A good mindfucking lasts forever...who needs to raise a finger? It's counterproductive to the final desired result.

#8 2007-10-21 22:26:29

pALEPHx wrote:

Maybe it's a good thing you haven't spawned offspring; that kind of talk isn't even funny.

The best part of raising kids is knowing (from personal experience) the shit they are about to pull and acting out the outraged parent without busting up laughing.  Dude you are missing the very best part of life!

#10 2007-10-22 00:36:34

I've never had the urge to beat my own children, my dearly beloved does a fine job of instilling the fear in them.

Other people's fuck trophies....every time I go in public.

#11 2007-10-22 01:01:31

Emmeran wrote:

Maybe it's a good thing you haven't spawned offspring; that kind of talk isn't even funny.

Does your browser even have an address window, or did Firefox invent a HumorBlock plugin just for you?

I will ignore the "best part of life" implication that if I don't reproduce, I'm somehow a lesser being than yourself, but you're running out of freebies.

OJ+: I think I like the Tori version better. Bob has always looked a little molester-y.

#12 2007-10-22 01:10:02

pALEPHx wrote:

I will ignore the "best part of life" implication that if I don't reproduce, I'm somehow a lesser being than yourself, but you're running out of freebies.

You have to be gentle, Pale. For some breeders, crotch fruit are the only validation they'll ever receive for their otherwise uninteresting lives.

#13 2007-10-22 01:32:48

Taint wrote:

You have to be gentle, Pale. For some breeders, crotch fruit are the only validation they'll ever receive for their otherwise uninteresting lives.

You may have a point. I shall write that backwards on my forehead with a Sharpie, right away.

#14 2007-10-22 02:02:46

Taint wrote:

pALEPHx wrote:

Relax fella's don't be so sensitive - that wasn't a barb just a generalized statement from someone who's been around a bit.  Like I said, the best part is knowing just what kind of bullshit they are about to pull - makes me smile everytime.

- and Taint my love - you are always invited to come enjoy my otherwise uninteresting life . . . obviously someone like me could never have been anywhere or done anything.  Hell - come to think of it I've only been chased by angry mobs in third world countries like twice, have only been in a couple of riots and never met anyone as learned as those who read SFGate everyday. 

Hell, I'm a regular country bumpkin.  As a matter of fact I am a product of Nebraska, that pretty much explains it all.

#15 2007-10-22 02:09:49

pALEPHx wrote:

Emmeran wrote:

Does your browser even have an address window, or did Firefox invent a HumorBlock plugin just for you?

Apparently I've installed the same HumorBlock plugin you have, or maybe my humor is a bit more twisted after raising a few, or maybe you just don't drink enough - but that can be fixed

#16 2007-10-22 11:11:41

Taint wrote:

pALEPHx wrote:

From Emmeran's comment, I inferred that he was rebutting pPHx's apparent loathing of children with reasons why such a dramatic attitude limits one's enjoyment of life.  For example, if you were to write that you similarly hated country or punk rock, someone might recommend ways in which you might attend to the music of Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, or the Dead Boys to awaken your appreciation of them.

However, my own opinion is influenced by your shrill rejoinder.  I know plenty of queers/fags/dykes who, although they have no desire to breed, find children (in general) amusing.  pPHx, however, seems to be unwilling to allow that anyone but him can be amusing or a focus of attention.  That's OK in this context, and in fact I am glad that people like him find it necessary to "out" themselves this way.  They are sometimes entertaining.

Last edited by DoucheEllington (2007-10-22 11:12:40)

#17 2007-10-22 16:03:47

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8761/kickthebabyrt5.jpg

#18 2007-10-22 17:46:41

DoucheEllington wrote:

I know plenty of queers/fags/dykes who, although they have no desire to breed, find children (in general) amusing. pPHx, however, seems to be unwilling to allow that anyone but him can be amusing or a focus of attention. That's OK in this context, and in fact I am glad that people like him find it necessary to "out" themselves this way. They are sometimes entertaining.

They're also delicious in a light bearnaise.

The both of you can put your pants back on. I accept Emmeran's oblique apology AND I assure Il Douchey that the character of PalePhoenix is actually played by the character of Stephen Colbert. Who I am, what I do, and how I genuinely feel about children has precious little bearing on what I may say on High Street.

I was not reflexively offended by what I considered to be a direct insult, but by casual ignorance. Since there's so much of it in the world, it's hardly worth getting riled each time it rears its head, but it sometimes bears pointing out for what it is. I can also become incensed by what I've come to identify as self-congratulatory tolerance; i.e., the kind one hears when someone starts a sentence with "But I have a black/gay/Muslim/etc. friend, and I think..."

That aside, it was an interesting article on Jungian overtones in NPD. I shall tell the other Lost Boys about it. They already know that other tired, old saw about those without blame casting the first stone. May I borrow some of your fairy dust, or do I have to wring Tink's neck to get it?

#19 2007-10-22 17:59:57

Vote Hillary for new culinary posibilities!
http://www.zombietime.com/really_truly_hillary_gallery/Hillary47.jpg

#20 2007-10-22 18:07:40

pALEPHx wrote:

That aside, it was an interesting article on Jungian overtones in NPD. I shall tell the other Lost Boys about it. They already know that other tired, old saw about those without blame casting the first stone. May I borrow some of your fairy dust, or do I have to wring Tink's neck to get it?

Pfff. Not so interesting, simply short and in very general langauge. 

To get any of my fairy dust requires prolonged g-spot stimulation and perhaps an estrogen suppository.  And in any case, if I had my druthers, I'd be working on a good case of Borderline Personality Disorder and trying to be get on some "reality" programming like "Survivor."http://www.pep-web.org/document.php?id=jaa.019.0471.fig003.jpg

Board footer

cruelery.com