#1 2007-10-22 07:23:50

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21408310/from/RS.4/

religion can never become a vehicle of hatred.....

#2 2007-10-22 16:38:06

http://www.xmere.com/forums/uploads/highstreet/trenchcoat_mafia.jpg

Il Papa: Reaching out to the the disaffected youth of the Trenchcoat Mafia, or preparing to expose himself to altar boys?

I'm sure 'religion,' in some form or another, has been a handy excuse for Us/Them conflicts for a heckuva lot longer than a mere two millennia. Judaism is nearly 6000 years along, others date back nearly 10K+ ago, and there are probably hundreds of cults older than history can detail. We didn't even start burying people until relatively recently (of course, that's only if you accept evolutionary 'theory').

"Grog say you not put ancestors in ground. Sun God say must kill you with long bone of Deer God, tear out your heart and feed to Blood God."

#3 2007-10-22 23:30:08

Lurker wrote:

religion can never become a vehicle of hatred.....

Wow!  Thank you so much for posting this rather informative article!  This is the first that I've heard of religion being used to justify violence against those of different faiths; So, you can well imagine my shock!  By the way, have you heard of this new "Gregorian Calendar" which the Christians are pushing for?  That seems to be a story well worth following as well.

#4 2007-10-23 07:01:28

pALEPHx wrote:

http://www.xmere.com/forums/uploads/hig … _mafia.jpg

Il Papa: Reaching out to the the disaffected youth of the Trenchcoat Mafia, or preparing to expose himself to altar boys?

I'm sure 'religion,' in some form or another, has been a handy excuse for Us/Them conflicts for a heckuva lot longer than a mere two millennia. Judaism is nearly 6000 years along, others date back nearly 10K+ ago, and there are probably hundreds of cults older than history can detail. We didn't even start burying people until relatively recently (of course, that's only if you accept evolutionary 'theory').

"Grog say you not put ancestors in ground. Sun God say must kill you with long bone of Deer God, tear out your heart and feed to Blood God."

While I appreciate the long-winded dissertation on religious mis-deeds, couldn't you just say, "since man walked up-right,  etc. etc....."
Ppx, another word to add to your title would be "pedantic"

Decadence, I'm surprised that this is the first you'd heard of these things....

#5 2007-10-23 09:59:32

Lurker wrote:

While I appreciate the long-winded dissertation on religious mis-deeds, couldn't you just say, "since man walked up-right, etc. etc....."

I rarely claim otherwise...but if 70 words are too much for your attention span, then I have sorely misjudged you. May I return to one-sentence interjections now, your highness, or will we still be leaving that to the other postwhores?

#6 2007-10-23 12:40:11

pALEPHx wrote:

Lurker wrote:

While I appreciate the long-winded dissertation on religious mis-deeds, couldn't you just say, "since man walked up-right, etc. etc....."

I rarely claim otherwise...but if 70 words are too much for your attention span, then I have sorely misjudged you. May I return to one-sentence interjections now, your highness, or will we still be leaving that to the other postwhores?

And you wonder why I pare down the commentary? I used to be prolific to the point where Ops (I think) used to say I had a Holley 4-barrel on my keyboard.

I'm over it. More fun to find the goodies (at least to me), than to discuss them at length anymore.

#7 2007-10-23 12:49:24

sofaking wrote:

I'm over it. More fun to find the goodies (at least to me), than to discuss them at length anymore.

The whole 'circle-jerk and then leave' thing was always more of a straight guy's thing, I thought. Link, link, link...splort, splort, splort. "No, we didn't want to hang around and discuss any of it. That's why we come to a place online and use text to present these naughty bits. Because we expect people to say nothing, just pull up the site and then go elsewhere."

Sorry. I need some breakfast. I'm getting cranky.

#8 2007-10-23 19:57:06

pALEPHx wrote:

Lurker wrote:

It's not my attention span, it's my life expectancy... While I can appreciate the info, it's just crap I already know.
As the pope's quotes illustrate, he is in need of your insight, go forth Ppx and give the fucker some wall to wall counseling....

#9 2007-10-23 20:12:51

pALEPHx wrote:

The whole 'circle-jerk and then leave' thing was always more of a straight guy's thing, I thought. Link, link, link...splort, splort, splort. "No, we didn't want to hang around and discuss any of it. That's why we come to a place online and use text to present these naughty bits. Because we expect people to say nothing, just pull up the site and then go elsewhere."

I think perhaps what you are describing could be better categorized under the moniker of "bukkakke," old chap.  At any rate, self abuse, masturbation, what have you, has in some form or other been implicated in the causation of personal injury and decline in well-being for as long as man has had arms that reach his genitalia, 140,000+ years or up to 4.5 million years, depending on whether you define the genus Homo by its ability to walk upright, its enlarged braincase, or dental characteristics related to our diet and habitatblablablablablabla....

Last edited by DoucheEllington (2007-10-23 20:15:11)

#10 2007-10-24 10:13:14

Lurker wrote:

It's not my attention span, it's my life expectancy... While I can appreciate the info, it's just crap I already know...

Al Gore didn't invent the Internet just for you, doll. But on that note...

DoucheEllington wrote:

I think perhaps what you are describing could be better categorized under the moniker of "bukkakke," old chap...

See, here's some information you might be able to use!

Board footer

cruelery.com