#51 2008-09-29 09:56:34

On the bright side, at least all of those years spent reloading slightly over-weight .357 hollow-points wasn't a total waste.

#52 2008-09-29 19:44:47

I'm personally rooting for the shit to hit the fan because no one running for president this year represents me in any way shape or form....  Since we're stuck with the fucktards that the Democrats and Republicans have given us I might as well get some entertainment out of it....  I'm personally hoping for riots, war, assassinations, human sacrifice and crevices opening up with people falling into the bowels of hell....  Since we're already fucked, we might as well be fucked royally...  I seriously doubt anything too drastic will happen, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed....  As a fan of history, esp. ancient and natural history, I'm dissapointed by how extremely boring the modern world is...  After centuries of crazed men looting, pillaging and raping, untold millions killed by the sword, and entire races of people decimated we've gotten too comfortable....  We now live in an age where war is regulated to the point of no longer being war, peoples sensibilities are hurt by words, and everyone is too fat...  All of this shit goes against human instinct and it'll be the death of us all...

#53 2008-09-29 19:46:51

Dirckman wrote:

I'm personally rooting for the shit to hit the fan because no one running for president this year represents me in any way shape or form....  Since we're stuck with the fucktards that the Democrats and Republicans have given us I might as well get some entertainment out of it....  I'm personally hoping for riots, war, assassinations, human sacrifice and crevices opening up with people falling into the bowels of hell....  Since we're already fucked, we might as well be fucked royally...  I seriously doubt anything too drastic will happen, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed....  As a fan of history, esp. ancient and natural history, I'm dissapointed by how extremely boring the modern world is...  After centuries of crazed men looting, pillaging and raping, untold millions killed by the sword, and entire races of people decimated we've gotten too comfortable....  We now live in an age where war is regulated to the point of no longer being war, peoples sensibilities are hurt by words, and everyone is too fat...  All of this shit goes against human instinct and it'll be the death of us all...

Yes, if only those raped, tortured, and murdered people knew how good they had it, I'm sure they would have been much happier people.

#54 2008-09-29 20:15:56

tojo2000 wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

Yes, if only those raped, tortured, and murdered people knew how good they had it, I'm sure they would have been much happier people.

It's called survival of the fittest...  Even without the war, rape, torture and murder it's still in full swing...  The difference being that suffering is much greater because it's caused by starvation and lack of resources...  Mankind has been lucky to this point due to the success of genetically modified foods and a thorough enough understanding of biology to prevent mass outbreak of disease...  I'd much rather be part of human history at it's grandest, man against man, machine against machine than die like some third world loser...

#55 2008-09-29 20:25:41

Dirckman wrote:

It's called survival of the fittest...

Quick note: "survival of the fittest" is a 19th Century idea, propagated to support the early liberal underpinnings of the industrial revolution. Imagine that you're culling a herd of elk, and trying to do it in a way that mimics natural processes. If you believed in survival of the fittest, you would pick off the weak animals and leave the strong to breed. But that's not what biologists recommend. Rather, they set up a rifle and shoot any elk, weak or strong, unfortunate enough to walk in front of the sight. Survival of the fittest has been replaced by a much more apt metaphor: survival of the luckiest. It's down to chance, and pretending that it's not only serves to make the lucky more self-righteous than they already are.

#56 2008-09-29 20:29:27

WilberCuntLicker wrote:

Dirckman wrote:

It's called survival of the fittest...

Quick note: "survival of the fittest" is a 19th Century idea, propagated to support the early liberal underpinnings of the industrial revolution. Imagine that you're culling a herd of elk, and trying to do it in a way that mimics natural processes. If you believed in survival of the fittest, you would pick off the weak animals and leave the strong to breed. But that's not what biologists recommend. Rather, they set up a rifle and shoot any elk, weak or strong, unfortunate enough to walk in front of the sight. Survival of the fittest has been replaced by a much more apt metaphor: survival of the luckiest. It's down to chance, and pretending that it's not only serves to make the lucky more self-righteous than they already are.

This was also briefly known as "survival of whoever has the gun", but it didn't have that same catchy sound.

#57 2008-09-29 21:14:26

Survival of the fittest is still just as legitimate a theory as it was back in the ninteenth century...  Granted there have been additional modes of natural selection added to the list such as sexual selection, genetic drift and just pure dumb luck...  Apparently some in here have been swayed by the movie Expelled...

Last edited by Dirckman (2008-09-29 21:15:20)

#58 2008-09-29 22:36:22

Dirckman wrote:

Survival of the fittest is still just as legitimate a theory as it was back in the ninteenth century...  Granted there have been additional modes of natural selection added to the list such as sexual selection, genetic drift and just pure dumb luck...  Apparently some in here have been swayed by the movie Expelled...

I wouldn't know...haven't seen expelled. But I grew up with and consort with a great number of biologists.
Go ahead and use the phrase "survival of the fittest," if it pleases you, but don't use it in a discussion of biology or evolution or you'll sound like an idiot.

#59 2008-09-30 14:51:41

tojo2000 wrote:

This was also briefly known as "survival of whoever has the gun", but it didn't have that same catchy sound.

I always referred to it as "extinction of the tastiest".

#60 2008-10-03 23:18:37

More fascist fuckery, this time prior restraint.

#61 2008-10-08 22:23:21

The Maryland State Police classified 53 nonviolent activists as terrorists and entered their names and personal information into state and federal databases that track terrorism suspects, the state police chief acknowledged yesterday.

#62 2008-10-08 22:44:49

There are less than four weeks until the election, an election that will decide the next President of the United States. The
person elected will be the president of all Americans, not just the Democrats or the Republicans. To show our solidarity as
Americans, let's all ge together and show each other our support for the candidate of our choice. It's time that we all
came together, Democrats and Republicans alike.

If you support the policies and character of Obama, please drive with your headlights on during the day. If you support McCain, please drive with your headlights off at night.

Thank you for your participation in this patriotic endeavor!

#63 2008-10-09 00:08:16

choad wrote:

The Maryland State Police classified 53 nonviolent activists as terrorists and entered their names and personal information into state and federal databases that track terrorism suspects, the state police chief acknowledged yesterday.

Hey, if you want to make an omelette you have to break a few skulls.

#64 2008-10-09 10:04:00

choad wrote:

They are Marylanders. The state where reading the Wall Street Journal is a thought-crime.

Board footer

cruelery.com