#1 2007-10-25 16:37:30

We should totally use these as site mascots, don't you think?

http://www.lifeandlibertyforwomen.org/images/abortion_pictorial/perforated_uterus_large.gif

http://www.lifeandlibertyforwomen.org/a … orial.html

Make sure you don't miss the story about the woman who came with with 30 inches of bowel hanging out of her uterus... she's the one pictured above.  Yeah... she didn't make it.

#2 2007-10-25 17:36:07

Y'kno, I really hate those websites/organizations that go around masquerading as enlightened, pro-choice, or "safe alternatives," and use intentionally obfuscating names to conceal that they're just a bunch of religious zealots who'll try to tell you what you should do with your body. Especially the ones that advertise in short spots on TV, featuring one-sentence horror stories, or just show depressed-looking girls staring into the distance, in soft focus. I don't suppose I can blame them directly for being so sneaky, as they may well have learned this trick from Congress. They've long been fond of slipping riders and pork into totally unrelated bills, then titling them things like "The 2007 Kitten Hugging Act and Approval for Torture of Illegal Immigrants."

#3 2007-10-25 20:43:33

I don’t understand busybodies who want to interfere in other people’s medical procedures.

#4 2007-10-27 02:16:55

After having lost 5 (in a row) of our kids through miscarriage, this is crap a little hard to take.

I'm not gonna get in to the whole abortion thing, but I can only say this.... back when wifey was having an amnio at ~3 months gestation I saw my kid - the first one (of two) that lived - reach up and grab the amnio needle and explore it with his *very* tiny fingers before sticking his thumb back in his mouth and settling back for the remainder of his 9-month couch-potato routine.  Saw the whole thing on the ultrasound.  Scared the shit out of the doctor doing the amnio - he absolutely froze and didn't move until the kid quit fiddling, for fear that he'd nick the little bugger - but the whole scene just amazed the hell out of the rest of us.

Then I realised it would have been perfectly legal to abort the munchkin at that point in time.

IMHO, the little buggers *are* cogent.  I've seen it.  Kid turned out to have an IQ of 147 and he's now in high school taking honors courses and plays a mean jazz piano.

Do with that information what you will.  We all gotta live with ourselves in the end.

#5 2007-10-27 09:49:38

whosasailorthen wrote:

After having lost 5 (in a row) of our kids through miscarriage, this is crap a little hard to take.

This, in the grand scheme of things--whether divine or accidental--is called a hint.

#6 2007-10-27 10:26:43

I think they should move legalized abortions up to the tenth year of life.....  By then you should be able to tell if the kids an idiot or not....

#7 2007-10-27 18:36:53

Some people do have abortions for superficial reasons.

Last edited by DoucheEllington (2007-10-27 18:37:19)

Board footer

cruelery.com