#1 2007-10-27 23:21:23

Ignorance is no excuse but I didn't know WHAT y'all were laughing about earlier this evening when orangeplus posted a message to Rogers. I hadn't read rcade's site in several days and was stunned when I did.

Let me assure everyone here it is not a joke when some shithead with Bell's kind of money threatens you with legal action. A much lesser cockroach is doing that to me over a post on the site that sits immediately below this one, and let me assure you, it's not ha-ha funny.

Want to know why news reporting sucks in this nation? Gee, I just told you.

I'm sorry, Rogers. And seriously, thank you for everything.

#2 2007-10-27 23:39:39

Art Bell threatens lawsuit

I was unaware of Section 230 of the CDA, but I've always assumed that a site owner cannot take responsibility for comments.  Unlike newspaper editorials, these comments are published by the poster, not the site owner.

While Mr. batshitcrazy Bell may have plenty of legal resources, it seems that Rogers is pretty well protected by current law.

#3 2007-10-27 23:47:09

Legal threats are a ginormous pain in the ass, but so far I'm three for three. One settlement, one victory in arbitration and one person who backed down. I don't want to try for four, though.

#4 2007-10-27 23:56:01

Well, that was the starting pistol.  Let's see who will be the first to register the "Art Bell" ID on High-Street...

#5 2007-10-28 00:02:51

I'm sorry, too.

Art Bell's a really paranoid dude, and is sure to pursue this as doggedly as he does his fantastic conspiracy theories.

#6 2007-10-28 00:05:33

sofaking wrote:

I'm sorry, too.

Art Bell's a really paranoid dude, and is sure to pursue this as doggedly as he does his fantastic conspiracy theories.

For real? I always assumed he didn't buy into any of that crap - only cashed in on it.

#7 2007-10-28 00:05:56

Hopefully it will just blow over.  What he claims actionable seems bullshit, especially if he's considered a public figure.

#8 2007-10-28 00:12:30

Shit, reckon I've got to go to my cache, lock, load, test fire, and then realize my weapons do not have enough range to deal with this mission.

Fuck.

#9 2007-10-28 00:15:43

Zookeeper wrote:

sofaking wrote:

I'm sorry, too.

For real? I always assumed he didn't buy into any of that crap - only cashed in on it.

Nope.

http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Global-Sup … 0671041916

And he's friends with our local crackpot conspiracist reporter George Knapp.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/guests/1125.html

#10 2007-10-28 00:39:09

rcade wrote:

Legal threats are a ginormous pain in the ass, but so far I'm three for three. One settlement, one victory in arbitration and one person who backed down. I don't want to try for four, though.

He'll lose.  It is a pain in the ass, but that's the price we pay for our freedoms.

#11 2007-10-28 00:51:57

headkicker_girl wrote:

It is a pain in the ass, but that's the price we pay for our freedoms.

Our civil justice system is a parimutuel parlor and the legal sector owns the house.  Odd so few bitch about the 33% tax on justice.

#12 2007-10-28 03:03:17

Zookeeper wrote:

Well, that was the starting pistol.  Let's see who will be the first to register the "Art Bell" ID on High-Street...

You, sir, are a glutton.

Board footer

cruelery.com