#1 2007-10-30 03:21:16

Lurkers' 'Hero' isn't, unless of course this is 'Art'

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3793061

#2 2007-10-30 03:35:18

I keep trying to come up with a smart ass remark to this, but I can't.

He's just a dumb ass.

#3 2007-10-30 03:38:10

Pyro for Pomos.

#4 2007-10-30 03:54:34

Arson as art!  This means arson should be protected by the First Amendment if it’s done as an artistic performance!

However, as someone who attends Episcopal services on holidays and for family weddings, christenings, and funerals I must object and take action!  I have no choice but to light a candle in front of my icon of The Sacred Head of Ann Boleyn and also one in front of my newly acquired icon of The Sacred Head of Lady Jane Grey.  I will ask these martyred ladies to afflict this cretin with putrefying pustules!

#5 2007-10-30 06:00:42

Now and ever shall be, world without end... fuck almighty, fnord, how can you do that anymore? Is this a Zen thing, and your mind goes somewhere else? Yeah, I really want to know.

#6 2007-10-30 20:39:24

choad wrote:

Now and ever shall be, world without end... fuck almighty, fnord, how can you do that anymore? Is this a Zen thing, and your mind goes somewhere else? Yeah, I really want to know.

choad,

They say that in order to let go of your ego, you must first have an ego.  I figure the same is true when it comes to the mind.

#7 2007-10-30 21:40:26

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8043/mongcatse6.jpg

HI, TIGERLILY!

#8 2007-10-30 21:45:48

choad wrote:

The Fnords have traditionally been hatched, matched, and dispatched in Anglican churches on both sides of the pond.  It’s more a cultural thing and family tradition now.  For the English branch of the family, being baptized into The Church of England is necessary in order to get into good schools.  The family rituals always take place in high church settings; the services are rather elaborate theatrical performances.

#9 2007-10-30 22:07:50

He's lucky the cops got him. If he had succeeded in setting fire to it, a large porprotion of the godless citizens of San Francisco would have made a "man" out of him. We like our pretty building more than we like our people.

#10 2007-10-30 22:43:26

fnord wrote:

The Fnords have traditionally been hatched, matched, and dispatched in Anglican churches on both sides of the pond.  It’s more a cultural thing and family tradition now.  For the English branch of the family, being baptized into The Church of England is necessary in order to get into good schools.  The family rituals always take place in high church settings; the services are rather elaborate theatrical performances.

Yeah, well be thankful you didn't have to go to church twice a week for 6 years and hear it in Latin the first 3.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Santi...

#11 2007-10-30 22:47:58

Hey, I love a good Latin Mass, the Ratz is bringing them back you know.  Now if they could just make the whole body and blood thing a little more realistic.

#12 2007-10-31 03:15:18

Wacky,

Starnge way to go out by sacrificing hiimself on the alter of arty anrchist performance prank. I wonder if he meant just to shock and awe rather than to bring the roof down with actual hellfire.  Not much on the exterior of Grace's concrete block construction to set alight.  There are some exposed wooden rafters up in the vault of the nave which is under construction. I doubt that even if you piled all the pews together whether your little cookout would reach that high. It would be a shame to lose the pipe organ. I would miss all those creepy gothic ramraod straight deacon's chairs back in the presbytery beside the choir which you can sit in during services to feel appropriately holier than though.

Mom would miss our outings to hear the uniquly San Franciscian choir of men and boys.
You can often find us sitting back there during holidays and for the odd choral evensong.

Last edited by Johnny Rotten (2007-10-31 03:25:17)

#13 2007-10-31 03:26:56

I can relate. As a non-Christian, I still find much in Grace to admire. I'm particularly fond of the icon of Mary Magdalene.

I'm glad he was caught before he could do any damage. But having said that, I would have been just as sad to see Coit Tower or Mission High School destroyed, as well.

#14 2007-10-31 04:20:59

Stoned soliloquy (sotto voce): Pick a backward, hate-filled church (any church). Wait till Sunday (any Sunday). Flick dog shit in the park till you uncover a performance artist. Fuck it in the Agnus Dei, fuck it in the apse, then beat it till it catches fire. Throw the flaming faggot on the altar. Bolt the doors and run.

#15 2007-10-31 04:30:14

fnord wrote:

The Fnords have traditionally been hatched, matched, and dispatched in Anglican churches on both sides of the pond.

I've heard this sermon, attending Commie Martyr High Church & Low, an altar boy turfed for shave-and-haircut-two-bits on the bells during communion, competing with little brother, who liked to trip the choir during the processional. My question is... is it Epiphany yet? Fuck it.

#16 2007-10-31 09:11:39

choad wrote:

Commie Martyr High Church & Low

Is that related to Commie Martyr High School?  It is well known that More Science High School was stolen and Mudhead's girlfriend Bottles claims that the culprits are "those bullies at Communist Martyrs High School."

Like George Leroy Tirebiter (as "Porgie of the "Porgie and Mudhead" movies) says "Holy Mudhead, Mackerel! More Science High, it's, it's disappeared!"

Eat it.  Eat it raw.  Raw, Raw, Raw.

#17 2007-10-31 09:14:58

MORE SUGAR!

#18 2007-10-31 09:47:53

MSG Tripps wrote:

choad wrote:

Commie Martyr High Church & Low

Is that related to Commie Martyr High School?  It is well known that More Science High School was stolen and Mudhead's girlfriend Bottles claims that the culprits are "those bullies at Communist Martyrs High School."

Shoes for industry! Shoes for the dead!

Sorry, I been shootin' reds and yellows all day.

Eat it.  Eat it raw.  Raw, Raw, Raw.

That's the spirit!!! glug, glug, glug

Why, Mrs Presky, it's a bag of.... Sorry, gotta go.

dhalsense #864

#19 2007-10-31 12:13:13

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4491/firesigndwarfpz5.jpg

This Side

&

The Other Side

[Hey choad, what does dhalsense #864 refer to?]

#20 2007-10-31 19:42:05

Dmtdust wrote:

Lurkers' 'Hero' isn't, unless of course this is 'Art'

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=3793061

Dusty,  I don't have or believe in "heros", but if I did, YOU would be my hero....

As for Mr. Pyro, here's a bit of his past.....
http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/mem … x?x=184757

Last edited by Lurker (2007-10-31 20:23:28)

Board footer

cruelery.com