#2 2009-01-21 02:19:14

orangeplus wrote:

How Dying Works

Thanks loads...  I just got over an existential crisis, now I'm right back to where I started....

#4 2009-01-21 11:30:24

It is an interesting article, but not today.  I am dealing with the death of business.  My own may be soon enough as it is.

#5 2009-01-21 12:24:04

I know the feeling bub. When times get hard the people who run the government quit caring about tards and gimps. We just had to take an across the board pay cut so we could avoid layoffs. Fucking government grants that paid for half our shit just stopped. No warnings, no contract modifications, just stopped.

#6 2009-01-21 12:33:30

orangeplus wrote:

I know the feeling bub. When times get hard the people who run the government quit caring about tards and gimps. We just had to take an across the board pay cut so we could avoid layoffs. Fucking government grants that paid for half our shit just stopped. No warnings, no contract modifications, just stopped.

O+ - I am sorry to read this.  I am kinda tired of the Social Darwinism Meme that has been promulgated.  A society that doesn't provide for its young, old, or ill (in what ever flavour) doesn't deserve to continue.

#7 2009-01-21 13:23:23

I'm sorry to hear it too, O+.  Like Dusty, I get tired of all that crap.  Too many people whine about taxes, but you can bet that if they had children, spouses or siblings who needed help, they'd be clamoring for it and complaining if it were not available.   

In my field, nobody even considers taking a p[ay cut in order to keep everyone employed.  So I am sitting at home right now wondering how I can make ends meet.  You'd think I would spend more time on High-Street, but for some reason I find myself utterly without motivation to do much of anything.

#8 2009-01-21 15:37:30

Fled wrote:

In my field, nobody even considers taking a p[ay cut in order to keep everyone employed.  So I am sitting at home right now wondering how I can make ends meet.  You'd think I would spend more time on High-Street, but for some reason I find myself utterly without motivation to do much of anything.

Photobucket

#9 2009-01-21 17:47:47

Not even that.

#10 2009-01-21 18:46:05

Fled wrote:

I'm sorry to hear it too, O+.  Like Dusty, I get tired of all that crap.  Too many people whine about taxes, but you can bet that if they had children, spouses or siblings who needed help, they'd be clamoring for it and complaining if it were not available.   

Oh baby Fled. I'm sorry. Maybe you should try making art with semen or something. And get some fucking antidepressants, okay? You are DEFINITELY depressed.

Last edited by icangetyouatoe (2009-01-21 18:46:36)

#11 2009-01-21 21:35:54

Fled,

When I was fired, I went to Cruel often and spewed for all I was worth. It definitely sucks, I know, and I wish I knew some great secret to making it all better. The only way through it is through it. Yes, it will make you stronger, blah-blah-blah, but it sure doesn't feel good when you're in the middle of it.

#12 2009-01-21 22:38:41

karenw wrote:

Yes, it will make you stronger, blah-blah-blah, . . .

I've all-ways hated that "expression."  Oft times, what doesn't kill you will simply leave you crippled and lame.  Reality is a bitch.

#13 2009-01-22 04:50:08

Decadence wrote:

karenw wrote:

Yes, it will make you stronger, blah-blah-blah, . . .

I've all-ways hated that "expression."  Oft times, what doesn't kill you will simply leave you crippled and lame.  Reality is a bitch.

How about this?  "What doesn't kill you, only makes you angrier."

#14 2009-01-22 10:12:24

even blow-jobs?

#15 2009-01-26 11:40:59

karenw wrote:

Fled,

When I was fired, I went to Cruel often and spewed for all I was worth. It definitely sucks, I know, and I wish I knew some great secret to making it all better. The only way through it is through it. Yes, it will make you stronger, blah-blah-blah, but it sure doesn't feel good when you're in the middle of it.

Thanks Karen.  It feels odd to have so much time on my hands, and even odder (is that a word?) to have so much trouble getting off the dime to do something about it.  The lack of motivation is a new experience for me.  I wish I could say it was a deliberate decision not to jump back into the game, but it is not.  It is just like floating down a river hoping there isn't too much white water below.

I Hope you did not end up passing more gravel.  (By the way, I developed some sympathy pains in my lower back but they disappeared a day or two after looking at the iage you posted.).

#16 2009-01-26 17:36:47

tojo2000 wrote:

How about this?  "What doesn't kill you, only makes you angrier."

That's always been my preferred version.

'course, I once got so angry (for no good reason, mind) that I burst a capillary in one eye.

#17 2009-01-26 18:35:53

Fled wrote:

karenw wrote:

Fled,

Thanks Karen.  It feels odd to have so much time on my hands, and even odder (is that a word?) to have so much trouble getting off the dime to do something about it.  The lack of motivation is a new experience for me.  I wish I could say it was a deliberate decision not to jump back into the game, but it is not.  It is just like floating down a river hoping there isn't too much white water below.

I Hope you did not end up passing more gravel.  (By the way, I developed some sympathy pains in my lower back but they disappeared a day or two after looking at the iage you posted.).

Nope, there was just the one, thank God. I thought I might have a 2nd one the other day, but it was probably just my colitis acting up. Yes, I have belly issues.

As for your state of affairs, I tend to think about inertia a lot. Once I'm involved in an activity, I can usually keep moving, but getting there can be a struggle at times. I think I'm susceptible to falling into ruts pretty easily. Maybe you need an external force to push you off the couch. You could try setting an arbitrary deadline for yourself vis-a-vis a given task, or see if a friend would be willing to goad you into action. Or, as has been suggested in this thread, you could talk to a medical professional, because you do sound a wee bit depressed in the clinical sense.

Remember that this too shall pass - and no, that's not a kidney stone joke.

Board footer

cruelery.com