• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Wow - I wondered where the denizens of Cruel.com went!

#1 2013-02-13 12:06:25

Wow, I was just thinking about Cruel.com today (I must have been feeling nostalgically masochistic).

Good to see a lot of the old-timers found a suitable rest-home near our old playground...  Excellent.

cheers!

/Ethic

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/317859_10150282368662966_161357867_n.jpg
taken near times square, nyc

#2 2013-02-14 04:12:22

How did you find us?  I ask because I and others have left bread crumb trails leading here. If you found your way here by some other method, please describe.

#3 2013-02-14 04:22:51

Ethic wrote:

Wow, I was just thinking about Cruel.com today (I must have been feeling nostalgically masochistic).

Good to see a lot of the old-timers found a suitable rest-home near our old playground...  Excellent.

The zeitgeist betrayed lunacy like this and hung it by its mistletoe nuts from the facebook rafters, along with the emaciated remains of the news industry. Anyway, the inmates run this asylum, just like Cruel, so have fun. And post a fucking link. Where you think you are, anyway?!

#4 2013-02-14 14:27:21

Since you brought it up..... is there a thread or a something that tells the story?  What happened to cruel.com?  Why the name change?  Rcade told me about this site and he used tge same words'lunatics running the asylum' (i suppose geeks don't know too many words).

Why, if cruel was such a smashing good time, did it needed to be fucked with?  Who do i see about getting a refund?

#5 2013-02-14 15:12:06

Lip shitz wrote:

Since you brought it up..... is there a thread or a something that tells the story?  What happened to cruel.com?  Why the name change?  Rcade told me about this site and he used tge same words 'lunatics running the asylum' (i suppose geeks don't know too many words).

No, like any good reporter, rcade is an accomplished phrase thief who knows good 'word gift' when he hears it. S'right, I've freely flogged his 'embracing your inner asshole'  for years at every opportunity.

Cruel.com was self policing, in a Tim McVeigh sort of way; the name CRUEL was its spine and its cruel curse.

The name High Street was an accident.
https://cruelery.com/img/short-spacer.gifhttps://cruelery.com/sidepic/sammydavisjr.png
~ click ~

Auto-edited on 2020-08-02 to update URLs

#6 2013-02-14 21:02:48

I know we have R_T's immortal "History/Timeline of Cruel" immortalized around here somewhere; but I can't find it.  Can someone whose brains are not so crepulent find it for me?  This is the perfect place for it to go.

#7 2013-02-14 22:21:37

#8 2013-02-14 23:09:27

choad wrote:

For reference, if you visit the "About" link at the top of each page, you get a link to the history page as well as a rendering of cruel.com prior to its demise preserved in amber by choad.

#9 2013-02-17 08:11:23

choad wrote:

Well, this is just wonderful.  Thanks for regurgitating all of it - even though i don't think i know any of the characters.  I think I see why there is an inordinate fear of footwear on this site.  There has been some nasty mojo, not to mention possible legal ramifications, related to some past denizens' activities.

It also obliquely explains something else to me.  As many of you know, I was a devotee of DR for many years, before coming here.  Then one day, the moderators came.  Now, it is becoming like facebook, where even children and grandmothers can go with getting their delicate sensibilities offended.  But, I think (heresay), that even that site caused some personal visits to homes by the authorities.

I am waiting for the day when there is a daily prayer request thread on that site - because i still go there occassionally, even though the overall IQ of that site has dropped sharply. 

What is it about some brilliant bloggers, that they can't seem to comprehend the line between legal and illegal activity online?  No authority gives a big fat rat's ass about opinions and free images, but the world is changing even on that front.  I keep hearing of sites that do not even want blog sites to link to their content, which seems counter-intuitive to me.  But none of that is very interesting, in a jurisprudence sense, compared to actively hacking email accounts, etc..... That shit is illegal.

It's think it's just like everything else (drugs, music, sports, etc...), some folks get together to have some good dirty fun, and it all gets fucked up because some asshole has psychological problems.

#10 2013-02-17 18:07:02

Lip shitz wrote:

I was a devotee of DR for many years

Which DR?  The difference was a cause of much merriment.

#11 2013-02-18 09:56:11

opsec wrote:

Which DR?

I don't understand the question.  I was referring to the Drudge Retort.  It was a good site for sometimes, but mostly not, political commentary, before the moderation policy came along.  That's when I came here.  I require two things in a place where i will waste my extra time; 1)no fucking moderation, 2)some other folks who have an actual working brain.

opsec wrote:

The difference was a cause of much merriment.

Good.  Merriment is good, I think.  I just wish i understood the joke.  I feel like there is a dirty little secret somewhere.  Of course, I am intrigued by the mystery of it all, but mostly, I don't really care either way, I'm getting my needs met without knowing the details.  Plus, sometimes, it ruins the joke to have to explain it.

#12 2013-03-02 09:33:12

fnord wrote:

How did you find us?  I ask because I and others have left bread crumb trails leading here. If you found your way here by some other method, please describe.

Googled, and the first result is https://cruelery.com/cruel.wake.html it was a quick link over to insanity.

#13 2013-03-02 09:37:46

choad wrote:

Ethic wrote:

The zeitgeist betrayed lunacy like this and hung it by its mistletoe nuts from the facebook rafters, along with the emaciated remains of the news industry. Anyway, the inmates run this asylum, just like Cruel, so have fun. And post a fucking link. Where you think you are, anyway?!

I'll try to find a good one to post - the whole f"cking net has become a cesspool, its become harder to find anything that is truly shocking anymore...

#14 2013-03-03 11:51:40

Ethic wrote:

I'll try to find a good one to post - the whole f"cking net has become a cesspool, its become harder to find anything that is truly shocking anymore...

that's a funny statement for someone named 'ethic' to make.  (I suppose you didn't imply what kind of ethic).

BTW, John Wayne is dead.  It's time to move on.  Don't be afraid, everyone else has aged too.

#15 2013-03-07 22:11:42

Lip shitz wrote:

BTW, John Wayne is dead.  It's time to move on.  Don't be afraid, everyone else has aged too.

My God.  You people let Horseonovich back in here???   No, wait... that wasn't even as clever as Horse.  This place has really gone uphill!

#16 2013-03-08 01:02:42

Ethic wrote:

Lip shitz wrote:

My God.  You people let Horseonovich back in here???   No, wait... that wasn't even as clever as Horse.  This place has really gone uphill!

As you can see, the same daily ebb and flow of a deadly epidemic, always wondering who the 'word gift' will claim next.

#17 2013-03-08 07:31:08

choad wrote:

Anyway, the inmates run this asylum!

Unless they hurt someone's wikkle feelwings --amIright?

#18 2013-03-08 07:41:40

Bigcat wrote:

choad wrote:

Anyway, the inmates run this asylum!

Unless they hurt someone's wikkle feelwings --amIright?

Post a link or not, s'all the same to me. I have to shovel out my driveway.

#19 2013-03-08 08:45:39

Any imbecile can post a link to someone else's work.  Some of it is very good.  Some of it is just adolescent angst.  A good word is worth a thousand pictures.

#20 2013-03-08 11:20:36

choad wrote:

I have to shovel out my driveway.

4 miles from my house there was a huge dumping of fluffy white snow 12 to 14 inches. Because I have been living right , I got barely a dusting and shall shovel...not a flake.

• Home
  •  » High Street
  •  » Wow - I wondered where the denizens of Cruel.com went!

Board footer

cruelery.com